Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Senator John Thune Is Pro Life And Doing Something About The Unborn! Abortion South Dakota

Way To Go Senator John Thune!!!

Senator John Thune Writes..."I recently became an original cosponsor of the Life at Conception Act (S. 3111), which was introduced in the United States Senate on June 11, 2008, and was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee. This bill would declare unborn children to be "persons" under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, defining when life begins legislatively. The U.S. Supreme Court refused to resolve this question in its 1973 decision Roe v. Wade, and this bill would effectively dismantle Roe's vague legal and constitutional rationale. In Roe's majority opinion, the court noted that "if this suggestion of personhood is established, the appellant's case [i.e., "Roe"], of course, collapses, for the fetus' right to life is then guaranteed specifically by the [14th] Amendment."

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Thank you! I don't understand how people justify abortions. I was surprised with pregnancy at the age of 21! I thought about adoption, but decided to keep the baby. I had a little boy and he is now 3. I am thankful for everyday I spend with him. I wish people would grow up and take responsibility if they get pregnant. If they know they can't care for a child then put the baby up for adoption and give the gift of life!