Monday, March 9, 2009

An Interesting Visit With The F.B.I. Agent

Today, I went to an FBI office and spoke to an agent. I felt that he wasn't on the same page as I was but on the page that says, "Politically Correct". I asked him if the F.B.I. was watching the Muslims here in our city. He said that they can't target a particular religious group. Under the President, everyone has a right to freedom of religion. He mentioned that it was only 19 Muslims that flew the planes into the World Trade Center, Pentagon, field in Pennsylvania. on 911. I reminded him that Muslims have been involved in a number of incidents of terrorism around the world. He sort of grinned when I told him that it isn't the Christians who are the terrorists. We are called to love one another.

The F.B.I. agent said to contact him when we know that this "religious group" is stockpiling guns or sending money to terrorists organizations. (Guess we'll have to do their homework for them). Oh yes, one last comment. The F.B.I. agent didn't know that if you criticized the Islam faith it is a reason for them to kill you.

Can we say together??? "Asleep at the wheel!!!!"

1 comment:

PP said...

DV -

Growing up as the son of an FBI agent, I can tell you a bit about what he was thinking, as I often heard stories about some of the odd calls that my dad would take.

First and foremost, I can tell you that the FBI is not a domestic spying organization. They are a law enforcement organization subject to the same constitution that protects you and I.

And regarding that - I think most laypeople could tell you that before a law enforcement agency can perform surveillance, they require probable cause. Otherwise, we would be existing in a police state.

As opposed to having them chase shadows as you're criticizing them for not doing, they have plenty to do in South Dakota investigating serious crimes on federal property and reservations.

If there's a crime that they become aware of, they will investigate it.

Otherwise, barring criminal actions, Muslims are free to practice their religion - just as catholics, evangelicals, jews, lutherans, etcetera are able to do in our great nation.